Written by Zlata Brouwer
Published: January 30, 2014 at 10:45 AM [UTC]
In this video I stand on my soap box and talk about how music education affects the following:
- Playing a musical instrument creates complex connections in your brain which have the nice side effect that your IQ increase (the Mozart effect)
- Motorial skills
- Cultural (arts) and historical knowledge and interest
- Abstract thinking
- Social skills
- Memory training
- Self esteem and cooping system
- Connection between body and mind
- Bilateral learning, learning with both halves of your brain
Is this video useful to you? Please let me know in the comments!
This entry has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.
Violinist.com is made possible by...
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Violinist.com Summer Music Programs Directory
Johnson String Instrument/Carriage House Violins
Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine